Lawless Lawyer | K-Drama Review

August 12, 2018 Nurul Aida Aziz 0 Comments


Assalamualaikum and hello guys!

Guess who's back for another K-Drama review? 
(yeah of course it's me, who else right? Hahaha)

So as for this time, I'm going to review another K-Drama that has managed to grab my attention and yes obviously had also stolen my time where I supposed to do my night routine but instead I spent it watching this drama hahaha.

Okay! Without further ado, let's jump into the review~


Title : Lawless Lawyer

Genre : Law

Number of Episodes : 16 

Main Cast : Lee Joon-gi  as  Bong Sa-pil
                                                          : Seo Ye-ji  as  Ha Jae-yi
                                                          : Lee Hye-soung  as  Cha Moon-sook
                                                          : Choi Min-soo  as  Ahn O-joo
                                                               

Personal Rating : ★★★★★/5


Synopsis :

Bong Sang-pil is works as an attorney and has one of the highest win rates in the country but none other people except himself knew that he has a very bad past that had made him stronger than before during his childhood days.

18 years ago, when Bong Sang-pil was a little kid, he lived with his mother who works as a lawyer in Gisung and at that time, his mother took on a case that Judge Cha Moon-sook got involved with and Judge Cha Moon-sook was the most respected person in the city.

One night, Bong Sang-pil witnessed his own mother's death through his innocent eyes and the person whom killed his mother was Judge Cha Moon-sook subordinate ; Ahn O-joo. Bong Sang-pil then got out of Gisung so that the bad guy who killed his mother won't find him and lived with his gang boss uncle ; Choi Dae-woong. He decided to become a lawyer to take revenge on those who responsible for his mother's death.

After 18 years living in a suffer from his mother's death, Bong Sang-pil now works as a lawyer. One fateful day, he saw news on television that a detective was arrested for killing the mayor of Gisung and it seems that the detective holds a key to the murder of Bong Sang-pil's mother. He then returned to Gisung for the first time in 18 years and opened up a law office at the exact building where his mother has been killed.

Meanwhile, Ha Jae-yi is a lawyer with integrity. She beats up a judge in a court and get her law license suspended and she took a decision to return to her hometown ; Gisung. There, Bong Sang-pil approach her and get her to work with him at his law office. However, there was a reason why Bong Sang-pil ask Ha Jae-yi to work with him and this is because he holds a secret related to the death of Ha Jae-yi's mother.

Plot :

I do admit that this plot is way much understandable and not in a fast pace like SUITS so I think that if I can understand the plot clearly, I think other people will understand this drama too. Everything about this drama is GREAT! It doesn't have much loopholes as every questions in this drama have their own answers and the flashbacks are really useful in connecting events but there is only one thing that I wish I could watch more which is the suffering of Judge Cha Moon-sook. I really wanna see her getting drag down really bad and suffer more as part of her consequences for killing Sang-pil's mother and made both Sang-pil and Jae-yi suffered for over 18 years!

But other than that are great! It is an enjoyable drama which fit my likeness whereas the main character of the drama falling in love plus the old fate thing that keep them together. Ahh I really like this type of drama. And yeahh beware with lots of mixed feelings when watching this drama (but I think most K-Drama played with feelings, damn! Poor my sensitive heart)



Characters :

I really loves the idea of getting revenged for Sang-pil mother is not using an eye for an eye term but using the law itself and this is what made the character(s) (How should I described it? Uhm, shine? Yeahh maybe shine will do) shined in this drama.

I can see how determined Sang-pil was to find his mother's killer and most importantly the 'master' of the evil plan that have killed his mother which is Judge Cha Moon-sook using justice that she has pretend to practice. I mean he could just have killed her since his uncle is a gangster but that plot will be too easy yet boring hahaha.


And I do admit that I really love how Sang-pil's character is actually kind of 'cunning' guy whom managed to get all the information that can be used to drag the bad guys down and always seems to have a backup plans hahaha.

Even though this is his own fight, but he is surrounded by the people who always stays by his side and supported him undoubtedly no matter what happens and I think this is what makes the character became stronger in order to protect the one that he loves.




As the story revolves, the character of Ha Jae-yi came into the spotlight with a hint that she and Sang-pil might have some connections about the death of Sang-pil's mother. And it looks like that Sang-pil has been watching over Jae-yi for quite a time.

I must say that Jae-yi is a person who cares a lot about the person she loves ; her father and of course his namja chingu, Bong Sang-pil. When she started to know about the harsh yet shocking truth about the person who she always look up to (Judge Cha Moon-sook), she supported him 100% and always by his side.


Their romance scenes is something that just perfect enough! My little soft yet sensitive heart became warm whenever their romance scene came and I just love couple who supports each other!


Now, shall we move on to the next character which I really felt sympathy for?

And the award goes to (drum rolls) ; Ahn Oh-joo!

In my opinion, he is way much better being a gangster than a politician and the fact that he's only been used by the evil Judge Cha Moon-sook for her own benefits is killing me. I mean, look at him! He has been giving away his precious life as a gangster who has a complete freedom, tied like a dog by that evil witch judge!



He thought that he is smart enough by being Judge Cha's loyal dog so that he could earn the benefits but it looks like the table has turn, my friend. He does not realize what Judge Cha is actually planning to do with him which actually only destroyed him (poor guy).


[SPOILER]
But he seriously ended his life at the place he grown familiar with ; the fish market area.



Conclusion :

This another great drama that has managed to grab my attention and there is nothing that I will regret about this drama. What else can I ask for? A great plot, amazing characters and such a great ending even though the ending is lack of something just like what I said earlier.

There a lots of scenes that managed to make my tears fall like Niagara Falls, I swear!



But the best scene of all the scenes was the scene where Ahn Oh-joo fight alongside with Sang-pil when he was warded due to being stab by his late uncle's man. I really love that scene and how cute they were at that time hahaha.





Apart from all that cute scene, I really have a bad feeling about Judge Cha though. She doesn't seem to be a person who will let herself be sank in the karma and it felt that she just has something up in her sleeves again.

JUST LOOK AT THOSE EYES DURING THE ENDING! IT CREEPS ME OUT!
So, I really recommended this drama for everyone to watch but I completely understand if any of you who read this review wouldn't enjoy this drama :)


Where to Watch :

✿ http://myasiantv.se/drama/lawless-lawyer/


We finally reach the end of today K-Drama's review. Yeayy~
(took me almost a week to finish this review because I'm busy hahaha)

So as usual, I really hope that you will be able to spent some of your precious time by watching this because I think this drama worth to watch.

Until we meet again in another entry! Thank you for reading!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: